Geneva Sex Guide advises where to find sex, working girls, prostitution, street hookers, brothels, red-light districts, sex shops, prostitutes, erotic massage parlors, strip clubs and escorts in Geneva, Switzerland.
Geneva (French: Genève, German: Genf), Switzerland's second-most populous city, is one of the world's major centers of international diplomacy, having served as the site of the initial headquarters of the International Committee of the Red Cross.
- 1 Sex and Prostitution in Geneva
- 2 Geneva Female Escorts
- 3 Red Light Districts
- 4 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 5 Street Hookers
- 6 Live Sex Cams
- 7 Adult locations
- 8 Escort Services and Agencies
- 9 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 10 Brothels and Sex Clubs
- 11 Strip Clubs and Striptease
- 12 Karaoke and KTVs
- 13 Swinger Clubs and BDSM
- 14 Sex Shops and Adult Stores
- 15 Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
- 16 Nightclubs and Bars
- 17 Gay and Lesbian
- 18 Other Adult Services
- 19 Dating
- 20 How to find Sugar Babies and Sugar Daddies
- 21 Transsexuals and Shemales
- 22 Sexual Services for Women
- 23 Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
- 24 Stay Safe
- 25 See Also
Sex and Prostitution in Geneva
Prostitution and other erotica related activities have been documented since the medieval times in Switzerland. During the medieval times, the local community highly tolerated this industry.
Although highly tolerated, the sex industry in Switzerland was running illegally until 1942. After receiving the legal stamp of approval in 1942, the industry became legal (though regulated). With the legalization, licensed brothels started coming up in major towns of the country (Zurich being on the forefront). The players in this industry started advertising their services in major newspapers in the country.
Prostitution is legal, and so are brothels. The Swiss criminal code puts strict boundaries on their activities: it is forbidden to induce somebody into prostitution, to restrict the freedom of a prostitute by supervising him or her in the course of his or her activities or by exercising control over the location, time, volume or other aspects of his or her work as a prostitute (art. 195). Cantons can also edict additional measures.
The prostitution scene changed a lot with the gradual coming into force of the Free Movement of Persons Agreement between Switzerland and the European Union, from 2002 on. This agreement allows firms and independant workers from the European Union to work in Switzerland 90 days a year. As a result, a lot of European prostitutes started to come and work in Switzerland for short periods.
This change is easily perceptible in street prostitution. Until the 2000's, most of the prostitutes were local, and a lot of them stayed in the business very long. You would see faces month after month, year after year, offering their services at the same place. Now, street prostitution is dominated by women who stay in Switzerland just for a while. Some of them come only once, some other come a few months every year. A big part of them are South American with a European passport and Spanish is the dominant language amongst the prostitutes of the Red Light District.
As a result, offer has grown significantly. A few "old style" prostitutes remain, notably at 15, rue Rossi. They often complain of the increased competition. The first price given by street prostitutes for a quickie is 100 CHF for decades. But competition lead some prostitutes to accept lower prices. As the demand has increased less than the offer, the income of the prostitutes has lessened.
Sex workers who chose to work in the industry must pay a tax of $5.39 (5 Swiss Francs) for each night that they work as a prostitute. There are 14,000 officially registered sex workers in Switzerland, with 800 located in Geneva. In Zurich, there are a reported 11 prostitutes per 1,000 residents. According to union rules, the must charge at least $100 to a client. In 2011, the annual revenue of the sex trade in Switzerland was $4.4 Billion. One in Five men between the ages of 20 to 65 in Switzerland has visited a sex worker at least once in their lives.
Geneva Female Escorts
Geneva has a lot of escorts. Particularly in the high end, since there is so much money in this city. To be found on the net, but prices usually start around 400 CHF and go up to a thousands!
Red Light Districts
Red-light areas in Geneva:
- In the Pâquis neighborhoud: a square delimitated by Rue de Berne, Rue de Monthoux, Rue Charles-Cusin and rue Sismondi, including Rue Rossi. It comprises street prostitution, sex centers, strip clubs and bars.
- By car, boulevard Helvetique, near the Musée d'Art et d'Histoire, at night. It's low level prostitution, some of the girls are drug-addicts.
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
Registered prostitutes in Geneva alone have increased by more than 400% since 2004, and the growing industry has caused controversy among locals recently. Even the regulated industry isn’t happy. While customers pay around 200 CHF in legal prostitution centers, a street hooker can charge only 30 CHF (the most common price being CHF 100), a trend which is beginning to hurt established massage businesses throughout Geneva.
In Geneva there are 600 registered prostitutes working in the street or in parlours or as ‘independents.’ ‘Registered’ means they file tax returns and the tax office reports that the majority declare between CHF 30,000 and CHF 60,000 of revenue. Taking as average CHF 45,000, one arrives at the estimate that prostitutes bring in about CHF 4 million in tax revenue out of the CHF 3.2 billion annually. (Registered prostitutes who do not file a declaration are automatically taxed as if they had earned CHF 45,000.) Many of the prostitutes in Geneva are French, Spanish, or Portuguese, but others are from the four corners of the world and residing in Switzerland illegally. Street activity is dominated by Latin Americans with European passports.
Prostitution is legal in Geneva and prostitutes and female escorts come from all the neighboring countries of the east.
Street prostitution, in the Pâquis Red-light district (a square delimited by rue de Monthoux, rue des Pâquis, rue Sismondi and rue de Berne, 200 m away from the main train station). The biggest offer of street hookers in Switzerland ; they are mainly from South America and Africa, a lot of drug dealers and pickpockets as well, so watch your pockets!
Cost for quick sex in Geneva is 30-100 CHF. It gives you the right to a mouth job and a fuck. Service can be really good and sometimes bad: it depends entirely on the girls. You could have appalling or wonderful experience.
Usually if you want better service, then stay away from those girls who are too insistent, pick up the one who just gives you a nice smile as you’re passing by.
There are also streetwalkers in the streets around Boulevard Helvétique and Rue François-Lefort, they are few, lot of them are junkies and they work mostly in the customer’s car.
Live Sex Cams
Can I watch Live Sex Cams in Geneva? - Yes, you can! Basically you can watch our online live sex shows for free anywhere in the world if you’re connected to internet. Join to get 10 free private teasers and 9.99 credits for free! You can choose any girl from our trusted !
Live Sex Cams are booming at the moment. Webcam models can be found from all over the world and you can find girls, guys, trannies, couples and groups of different ages performing to you. Watching live sex shows is usually free, but if you buy some credits, you will have much better chances to see adult action as desired! It's possible also to hire a webcam model to a private chat room where you can ask the person to fulfill your fantasies.
There is a good selection of sex venues in Geneva. Geneva is not the cheapest city to get sexual services.
Escort Services and Agencies
- Rue Rodo 2, 1205 Geneva
There are several escort agencies operating in Geneva. Some of them are offering high-class escort services which could cost thousands of euros per night.
Erotic Massage Parlors
Looking for Geneva massage parlors? We have compiled a list of the most popular massage parlors in Geneva, Switzerland. You can use this directory to find top Geneva massage parlors and spas.
You have many good options if you’re interested in Thai, Swedish, or Shiatsu massage in Geneva.
Asian massage parlors on Rue Pradier are is still there and always good. There are also more massage parlor closer to the street prostitution area.
Brothels and Sex Clubs
Studio, parlour and brothel prostitution prices starts usually around 100-200 CHF and can cost much more. Quality usually is much better than in a street. Studio, Laufhaus, parlour, FKK Saunaclub and Brothel prostitution prices starts usually around 100-200 CHF in Switzerland and can cost much more. Quality usually is much better than in a street. Brothels in Switzerland are often located in studio apartments. After entering the whore house, the customer gets to choose a girl from a various of naked or sexy drssed ladeis presented and then gets to go to the room with her. Usually there is a shower in the room, so you can clean before and after. Often there is 1 to 10 girls working in a Swiss bordello. Brothels offer more privacy than the Sex clubs. Sex clubs are also popular in Switzerland likewise they are common in Germany and Austria.
A Laufhaus is a place where sex workers rent a room where they can serve clients. Usually prostitutes can arrange their working schedule and decide the pricing themself, but sometimes the schedules and prices are decided by the brothel owner. The clients walk through the corridors of the house (hence the name: Laufhaus/Walk House) to see and negotiate with the prostitutes. Some Laufhäuser have entrance fee, but often the entrance is free.
- Ads can be also found in several places:
- The daily Tribune de Genève
- The free weekly GHI
Strip Clubs and Striptease
There is no shortage of cabaret style clubs in Geneva. Most are located in the Paquis and near Plainpalais. Overpriced drinks are the norm, but friendly service is a guarantee. Just stay away if you do not want to waste lots of money. Kontaktbars are just normal bars where you just happen to see many sex workers, with or without the owner's consent, but you often also get "normal" people besides (it can be quite amusing and/or instructive to settle down with a drink and watch discretely).
Karaoke and KTVs
KTVs (hostess karaoke bars) are popular in some parts of Asia but you cannot find any of them from Geneva.
Swinger Clubs and BDSM
ALT.com is the best place for local singles, swingers, and couples in the BDSM community to connect with those interested in submissive sex, power exchange, locating persons for new slave roles, erotic BDSM, bondage & fetish sex, as well as live sex dates. Find thousands of play partners for whatever your fetish may be; bondage, foot, cockold, spankings, role-play, electric or water play, sadism and masochism. So whether you have the desire to explore your unrealized fetish fantasies, or you are extremely experienced and would love to train someone new, ALT.com is a community designed for people with like-minded interests to find and connect with each other.
Swinger clubs and parties in Geneva:
- La Galerie, 2091 Rte De La Vallee Verte Mijouet France
- Tel:0033685830706. 20 minutes from the centre of Geneva. Open Saturday 11pm-5pm. Entrance to non-club members are welcome, but selective. Non members pay: 49.- € per couples & women get in for free.
- Bains De L´est (party), 3 rue de l'Est. +41 22 786 33 00.
- This is a gay sauna in center of Geneva. Open everyday, but only 2 Mixed Days (every tuesday and friday). Jacuzzi, hammam, dark labyrinth, sauna, video cabines, massage, bar, TV-salon. Swinger Night reserved for couples, every 2 months!
The basic form of BDSM (Bondage & Discipline/ Dominance & Submission/ Sado-Masochism) is all about the erotic and sexual acts and mind-sets of dominating and relinquishing control.
In the past few years BDSM has got a pretty bad reputation, but the basic principles can be extremely liberating and in the long run if you engage with it, turn you on in a way that you would never even have thought about. The fact that the standard media representation of BDSM is of something seedy and weird and sometimes make it feel like a taboo.
"But if girl take the reins it can actually increase their sexual confidence and sense of agency, while giving men a break from having to be 'on top', psychologically as well as literally which is the standard dynamic for most lovers.
The trick is to have an open mind to sexuality, obviously anything which causes harm to your loved one or yourself is not good, but we're all humans and exploring the parts that make us a little different is what can make a hugely beneficial relationship.
BDSM in GENEVA & NEARBY AREAS
- Maîtresse Barbara, Route d'Hermance 269 1247 Anières
- Tel: 022 751 26 72
- Mademoiselle Mitsuko, 1200 Genève
- Tel: 076 203 45 80
Sex Shops and Adult Stores
If you don’t feel like visiting or cannot find any local sex shops in Geneva, you can easily order adult products from Online Sex Shop.
This is a guide on where to find adult cinemas, sex cinemas and porn cinemas in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Substation, 14, rue de Neuchatel (Tel:+41229001469)
- At the entrance you'll find a shop. You'll have to pay 15 CHF to get downstairs. The first floor is mostly straight. The second floor is mostly gay with very big, about 250 square meters with booths, cruising area, with a lot of space for public and group.
- Splendid Cinema, Place de Grenus 3, Geneva 1200 (Tel:+41227327373)
- There are two cinemas, one small one upstairs, and a large one downstairs. Both films can be viewed simultaneously from the large, downstairs cinema.
Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
Love hotels are popular in some parts of Asia, especially in Japan. There are also many love motels and short-time hotels in South America. Unfortunately you cannot find any real love hotels in Geneva.
Nightclubs and Bars
There are many nice nightclubs and bars in Geneva where you can try your luck to find sex for free.
Gay and Lesbian
Gay modeling in internet is getting more popular all the time and it's a big market alongside with gay porn. You can watch gay live sex also in Geneva as long as you are connected to internet. Check it out: Gay Live Sex Video Chat
In Switzerland, the rights of individuals have traditionally had a high priority. At the same time, privacy is regarded as a fundamental asset. There is a strong contrast between cities and the countryside in public discourse about LGBT rights in Switzerland. Although some personal attitudes may change slower than the laws, the general public is tolerant of LGBT people and thus bias motivated violence or discrimination is all but unheard of. There is a vibrant LGBT community with a wide range of gay and lesbian subculture in the two main cities of Zurich and Geneva, as well as some on offer in the neighbourhood centres of Basel, Bern, Lucerne, Lausanne, and St. Gallen. Outside of these centres, LGBT people are barely noticed/noticeable in public.
Many young Romani men who leave for Switzerland, start making money in a gay club, and later they find an older Swiss man. They might live in his home for a week, for example, then spend another three days back home in the, Romania, Bulgaria or Czech Republic and then return to Switzerland for a week. They support their entire families on the money they make in Switzerland. During two weeks in Switzerland a "luxury male prostitute" can make up to 4000 Swiss Franc. These are primarily boys who want a high standard of living, take very good care of their physical appearance, and don't turn their noses up at luxury brands of clothing - quite the opposite. They don't use heroin, but sometimes take cocaine, which is less likely to ruin their looks.
LGBT BARS AND CLUBS:
- Café Off, Rue de la Navigation 11-13 (Pride Center)
- Concorde Bar, 3 Rue de Berne, 1201 Geneva
- Mon - Fri 07.00 - 00.02, Sat 09-02, Sun 15.00 - 02.00
- K-36 Club, 9, rue Richemont CLOSED
- Le Boudoir de la Baronne, 3 rue Pellegrino-Rossi CLOSED
- Livresse, 5, rue Vignier
- L'Interdit, 18 Quai du Seujet, 1201 Geneva
- Open Tues - Sat 18:00 to 05:00, Sun - Mon 22:00 - 05
- La Bretelle, 17 Rue des Etuves, 1201 Genf
- Open 17.00 - 02.00.
- Le Must Gay Club - Nightclub, 10 rue Richemont (Entre la rue Jean-Charle-Amat et Rue Rothschild), Genève, GE 1201
- The brand new and only gay club in Geneva.
- Le Ranch, 7 rue Sismondi
- Le Phare, Rue Lissignol 1-3
- Le Nathan Café, Rue Baudit 6
- Le Déclic, Boulevard du Pont D'Arve 28
- Open Tuesday to Friday 17-2, Saturday 21-2, Sunday and Monday closed
GAY SHOPS, BOOKSTORES, CINEMAS:
- Look Adult Shops & Sex Shops below.
GAY SAUNAS & BATHHOUSES:
- Club Duplexx, Rue pradier 8, Geneva
- Open: mon-thu 12:00–01:00, fri-sat 12:00–04:00, sun 14:00–01:00. Opening times Monday to Thursday In: 12:00 - 1:00 Friday and Saturday In: 12:00 - 6:00 Sunday In: 14:00 - 1:00. Website:
- Gémeaux Gay Sauna, 4bis Rue Prévost-Martin, 1205 Genf
- Gemeaux is a gay sauna in Geneva. Opening hours: Mon - F 11:30 to 22:00, Sat / Sun 15:00 - 22:00
- Les Bains de l'est - Gay Sauna & Sex Club, 3 Rue de l'Est, 1207 Geneva
- In addition to the saunas there are available themed evenings and parties. Information provided on the website of the "Bains de lest" gay sauna. Opening hours: daily 12:00-04:00, Sa continuous, Tues and Fri mixed. Admission: 30.- SFR / EUR 21.-. Tel:41227863300 . Bath, a steam room, Finnish saunas, private cabins, a video lounge, private video cabins, sling room, an sex orgy area, and a wine bar. Mixed ages with some older men.
- Les Avanchets Sauna, Ave de baptista 1220- Les Avanchets Geneve
- Sauna is near the Airport and the Balexert Commercial Centre. Tel:0041227969066. Free coffee and tea. Workers speak Spanish, Portuguese, French, English and German. There is a large screen that shows straight and lesbian and a small upstairs, with a TV showing gay porn. 30% of visitors are French, 40% Swiss and the rest from other countries. Only 2 minutes from the airport and famous Expo. The sauna is mixed on Tuesdays/Fridays/Saturdays, but there are still orgies every day.
GAY CRUISING AREAS:
- Place des Eaux Vives
- Public washroom at the bus stop, Geneva
- Parc des Bastion, Geneva
- Mostly University students and all sorts of guys. After 8pm, cruisy especially on Thursdays and Fridays .
- Beside WTO Perle du Lac, Rue de lausanne, Geneva
- Enter the gate from la perle du lac, walk left in the parc, after 300 meters you will start seeing guys cruising around in the bushes. Good looking young guys especially at night, after 11 in summer.
- A1 Rest areas between Geneva Nyon, A1 Autoroute bet J10 & 11, Geneva
- Rest areas on A1 Autoroute, between Geneva and Nyon, approx 24 km from Geneva and within 20-30 minutes of Geneva Airport. Big toilets, with plenty of space and warning if someone else is coming in.
- Sportanlage Sihlholzli, Geneva
- Cruisy public park.
- Gare Routiere, Place Dorciere, Geneva
- From Gare Cornavin. Take Rue des Alpes right in front of the railway station and walk straight down. The bus station (Gare Routiere) is on your right hand side after three junctions It's behind the church you see a couple of hundred metres down the road. Toilet underneath the station are cruisy.
- Place de la Navigation, Rue de la Navigation, Geneva
- Five minutes walk from the station.
- Geneve Cointrin Airport Railway Station, Geneva Cointrin airport, Geneva
- Cruisy washrooms.
- Parc des Franchises, 18 Avenue Edmond Vaucher, Geneva
- There is a toilet with two urinals. you can access there on foot or use the bus number 22 or 10. Cruisiest at night.
Other Adult Services
There are many option for different kind of sexual demands in Geneva.
Dating in Geneva can be a bit tricky due to cultural differences, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before your trip so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Geneva and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting. Since your time in Geneva may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand, so that when you meet you can start having some real fun.
How to find Sugar Babies and Sugar Daddies
If you are looking for an alternative to escorts in Geneva with a girl who doesn’t charge by the hour, sugar dating is the ideal solution. There are thousands of beautiful young women at SecretBenefits.com willing to do anything for a man who will help them pay their bills.
Often referred to as the “Tinder for Older Guys”, SecretBenefits matches hot young women interested in pampering older gentlemen. You don’t have to be a millionaire at SecretBenefits.com, you just need to be a respectful gentleman who knows how to treat a woman.
Transsexuals and Shemales
Finding someone for transsexual dating when you’re on the road can be a bit tricky, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you go so you can find locals ahead of time. TSdates.com is a dating site designed to help you find exactly what you are looking for in your hookup in Geneva. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting. With over 40 million members, and thousands of transsexual members around the world, TSdates.com is the world’s largest site of sex-minded friends for discreet encounters and will help you find your next transsexual play partner.
Where can I find shemales in Geneva? You can watch transsexual live sex shows in Geneva as long as you are connected to internet. Check Now: Tranny Live Sex Video Chat
You can also find transexuals from Red-light district and street prostitution areas. It is not guaranteed you find one, but you can always get lucky. Many t-girls also work from the private flats and advertise online.
TS- Karina, TS-Shaima and TS-Nicole visit Geneva often.
- Le Cabaret, Rue de la Rotisserie N°4 bis, 1204 Genève
- Amazing drag queen shows and sexy transgirls. Reservations recommended - dress code. Cabaret opens at 23 pm until dawn, 7 days 7 and offers his first show at 23.30 and second at 2:30. Te.:+41223102010
Sexual Services for Women
There are rent boys in Geneva and most of them come from Czech Republic and other nearby countries. Some of them take both male and female clients. One hour sex prices start from 100 swiss franc. You can find some adds on the websites indicated in the Brothels section.
Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
There are a lot of hotels in Geneva, but very few of them are actually in anything like the budget range. Hundreds, many right around the central Cornavin train station offer a pretty standard rate of CHF 135 per night for a single. If you arrive late and are willing to spend that it makes sense to look at the automated hotel board in the train station to find the nearest vacancy.
You will find that, at most times, hotels in the airport area are cheaper than ones that are central. Don't be too put off by this; the hotels are normally quiet and have better facilities than the central hotels, and with public transport being so good it is around 15 minutes to the city centre. However, if you are working at or attending a conference at a location elsewhere in the city, you will need to check that it is walking distance to an airport-area hotel or you may need to go into the city and catch a bus/tram back out to your destination.
It's hardest to find lodging during large international conferences, and trade shows. The latter, of which the prime example is the Salon d'Auto are usually held at Palexpo. It's worthwhile to do a bit of research to see if your arrival is likely to coincide with one of these events.
For lower hotel prices, try the outlying French cities of Annemasse or Gaillard which are conveniently accessible via public transit from Gare Cornavin.
Geneva is by and large a very safe place. Violent crime is rare but not unheard of, and it's important to keep an eye on your belongings in public, as petty theft is a fairly common occurrence. Do report any such activity to the police, you will probably find them much more interested and helpful than police in many other western cities, especially if you speak a little French. Avoid the area around the main train station after nightfall, as gangs of vagrants often congregate there and can be verbally abusive (or worse) to passersby. Avoid walking alone in the waterfront area near Jonction late at night, especially on weekends. The high concentration of drug dealers serving the cheap clubs in this area coupled with the total absence of police presence creates an unsavory atmosphere and lone travelers have been known to be followed from the area and mugged or assaulted.
Unfortunately there is a huge amount of vandalism in the city. On every street you can see bicycles with stolen seats, wheels, everything not locked. Many bicycles are vandalised and destroyed.
If you see people gambling on the streets (usually along the main city centre bridges) stay away! The modus operandi usually involves a guy playing the classic game of "hiding the ball". This involves covering the ball (or small trinket) with either a bottle cap or a match box and swirling it around with two other bottle caps asking people to guess the position of the ball. The game is set in a way that you can easily see the ball's position. This is done to lure the unsuspecting person into placing a wager. There are usually two main players and, between them, they will lose and win money back and forth to give the appearance that it is a fair game - do not be tricked! They are from the same gang. Once you get greedy and get lured in, you will surely lose your money! The person in control of the bottle caps will remove the ball from their position through sleight of hand and you will never see your money back. Besides the two or three other players involved, there are usually at least two lookouts - one on each side of 'stage'. Similar variations of this scam has been reported in places like Budapest as well.
- Switzerland, Bern, Basel, Interlaken, Lausanne, Luzern, Lugano, Zurich
- France, Lyon, Nice
- Italy, Turin, Milan
- Germany, Stuttgart
- Ages of consent in Switzerland
- Prostitution | Street prostitution | Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks | Sex worker | Prostitute types
- Red-light district | List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel | Escort agency | Call girl | Erotic massage | Strip club
- How to Behave in Strip Clubs | Massage Parlor Etiquette
- Sex tourism | Sex industry | Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations | Humorous sexual terms
- Gay | Lesbian | Gay and lesbian travel | Bisexuality | Shemale
- Age of consent | Stay safe | Scams | Safe sex | STD | HIV/AIDS