Romania (România) is a country located north of the Balkan Peninsula on the western shores of the Black Sea.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Regions
- 3 Cities
- 4 Red Light Districts
- 5 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 6 Street Hookers
- 7 Live Sex Cams
- 8 Adult locations
- 9 Escort Services and Agencies
- 10 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 11 Brothels and Sex Clubs
- 12 Strip Clubs and Striptease
- 13 Karaoke and KTVs
- 14 Swinger Clubs
- 15 Sex Shops and Adult Stores
- 16 Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
- 17 Nightclubs and Bars
- 18 Gay and Lesbian
- 19 Other Adult Services
- 20 Dating
- 21 Transsexuals and Shemales
- 22 Sexual Services for Women
- 23 Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
- 24 Stay Safe
- 25 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
Prostitution is illegal in Romania. The government had considered legalizing and regulating it (in 2007). The Association for the Promotion of Women in Romania opposes legalized prostitution, as they view prostitution as "another form of violence against women and girls". Also, the Romanian Orthodox Church (BOR) often protests against prostitution.
Romania is among the 11 countries listed by the United Nations as the biggest sources of human trafficking, based on reported numbers of victims. Every year thousands of women and girls, some as young as 13, are kidnapped or lured by promises of well-paid jobs or marriage and sold to gangs who lock them up in night clubs and brothels or force them to work on the streets.
One in eight foreign women who are working in the prostitution industry in Europe originated from Romania.
| Transylvania |
It is the most famous region of Romania, a land of medieval castles and towns, dark forests, snowy peaks (especially those in Transylvanian Alps). At the same time a region experiencing rapid economical development, with modern youthful cities, huge shopping centers, massive infrastructure projects etc.
| Banat |
This western-most province is probably the most economically developed in Romania. It has beautiful baroque cities and traditional German villages in the western plains and huge mountain forests in the eastern parts.
| Oltenia |
The south-western region, with impressive monasteries, caves and health resorts along the mountains in its northern part and a bizarre desert-like area in the south.
| Southern Bukovina |
This north-eastern region is famous for its Painted Monasteries, tucked away between picturesque rolling hills.
| Maramureş |
The northern-most region, it's best known for its timeless villages, traditional wooden churches and beautiful mountain landscape.
| Crişana |
Located along the border with Hungary, this western region is the entry point for most travelers into Romania, who often neglect its Central-European style cities, numerous medieval sites and resorts on the western side of the Apuseni mountains.
| Dobrogea |
A seaside province dotted by ruins of ancient Greek and Roman cities, with various summer resorts along the Black Sea Coast and the unspoiled natural landscape of the Danube Delta and the Black Sea lagoons (all of which are Biosphere Reserves and UNESCO World Heritage Sites) in the region's north. Also very ethnically diverse region with many small minority groups.
| Moldavia |
Certainly one of the most extraordinary regions in Romania, it offers a pleasant blend of historical cities, medieval fortresses, churches, wine and friendly locals.
| Muntenia |
Also known as Wallachia. The capital, Bucharest, is in this southern region, as well as the early residences of the Wallachian princes and the mountain resorts on the Prahova Valley. It is also the name of the old kingdom of leaders such as the notorious Vlad Ţepeş (The Impaler).
- Bucharest — the capital of Romania, in which megalomanic monuments, including "House of the People" (now the Palace of Parliament), built during Ceauşescu's regime, overlook medieval and later neo-classical neighbourhoods.
- Brașov — located in south-eastern Transylvania, its main attractions are the well kept medieval downtown, the nearby luxury resort of Poiana Braşov and the proximity to Rasnov and the Bran ("Dracula's") Castle.
- Cluj-Napoca — the largest town in Transylvania, is a major economic center and a youthful city, housing one of the largest universities in Europe.
- Constanţa — Romania's main Black Sea port and one of the major commercial hubs in the region. The northernmost Litoral district, Mamaia, is thought to be one of the best Black Sea resorts.
- Iaşi — the second largest Romanian city, once the historic capital of the Moldavian principality until 1861, and for some time capital of Romania. Today it is one of the major economic and cultural centres in the country.
- Sibiu — one of the most beautiful cities in Transylvania, it has the best preserved historical sites in the country, many museums and exhibitions, proximity to the stunning Făgăraş mountains, for which reasons it became the 2007 European Capital of Culture.
- Sighişoara — the city's downtown area, the Sighisoara Citadel, is the last inhabited medieval citadel in Europe and one of the best historical monuments preserved nowdays.
- Suceava — the main city in Bukovina and the medieval capital of the Moldavian principality; it can be the starting point for visiting the famous painted Monasteries in the region.
- Timişoara — the largest town in the Banat region, it is one of the most prosperous and modernized cities in Romania; it was there that the 1989 Romanian anti-communist revolution began.
- Tulcea — a city in Dobrogea, Romania.
Red Light Districts
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
Live Sex Cams
Can I watch Live Cams in Romania? - Yes, you can! Basically you can watch our online live sex shows for free anywhere in the world if you’re connected to internet. You can choose any girl from our trusted Live Sex Cams! Join to get 10 free private teasers and 9.99 credits for free!
Live Sex Cams are booming at the moment. Webcam models can be found from all over the world and you can find girls, guys, trannies, couples and groups of different ages performing to you. Watching live sex shows is usually free, but if you buy some credits, you will have much better chances to see adult action as desired! It's possible also to hire a webcam model to a private chat room where you can ask the person to fulfill your fantasies.
Escort Services and Agencies
There are many high quality independent escorts based in Romania.
Erotic Massage Parlors
Brothels and Sex Clubs
Strip Clubs and Striptease
- Bulevardul Eroilor Nr.9
Karaoke and KTVs
Sex Shops and Adult Stores
If you don’t feel like visiting or cannot find any local sex shops in Romania, you can easily order adult products from Online Sex Shop.
Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
Nightclubs and Bars
Gay and Lesbian
Gay modeling in internet is getting more popular all the time and it's a big market alongside with gay porn. You can watch gay live sex also in Romania as long as you are connected to internet.
Check it out: Gay Live Sex Video Chat
Modern day Romania is a blend of strong conservative views on sexuality and newer more liberal ideas. The presence of the Gay and Lesbian population has significantly increased in recent years due to homosexuality eventually being legalized. The first Bucharest Gay Fest was held in 2005 and the community has finally established a small club scene for itself in the wake of a new century and millennium.
Other Adult Services
Dating in Romania can be a bit tricky due to cultural differences, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before your trip so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. , for example, lets you meet local members in Romania and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. Take advantage of features like live chat rooms and member webcams so you know who you are chatting with before arranging a face-to-face meeting. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Transsexuals and Shemales
Sexual Services for Women
Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
While violence against foreign tourists is rare, this does not mean you should leave your common sense at home, if you decide to vacation in Romania. Generally crime is limited to petty thefts and common scams, and not much else that would concern the tourist. Avoid city neighbourhoods and villages that are predominantly populated by gypsies and you should not encounter any problems. Wherever you may be in the country, ask trusted locals about the surroundings, they will gladly give you a few pointers.
Although racial prejudice exists in Romania, especially toward those who look like Roma (“gypsies”), hate crimes are rare. Some homophobic prejudice also remains, for instance an annual gay pride parade in Bucharest has been the scene of violent protests in past years.
- Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Greece
- Age of consent in Romania, Prostitution and law in Europe
- Prostitution, Prostitution Prices, Street prostitution
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay and lesbian travel, Gay, Lesbian, Shemale, Ladyboy
- Age of consent, Sexually transmitted disease, HIV/AIDS