Saint Petersburg Sex Guide (St. Petersburg sex guide) advises where to find sex, working girls, prostitution, street hookers, brothels, red-light districts, sex shops, prostitutes, erotic massage parlors, strip clubs and escorts in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Saint Petersburg is a city and a federal subject (a federal city) of Russia located on the Neva River at the head of the Gulf of Finland on the Baltic Sea. In 1914 the name of the city was changed to Petrograd, in 1924 to Leningrad, and in 1991, back to Saint Petersburg. It is Russia's second largest city after Moscow with 5 million inhabitants (2012) and the fourth most populated federal subject. Saint Petersburg is a major European cultural center, and also an important Russian port on the Baltic Sea. This is a Saint Petersburg sex guide on where to find sex, prostitution, hookers, brothels and escorts in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- 1 Sex and Prostitution in Saint Petersburg
- 2 Saint Petersburg Female Escorts
- 3 Red Light Districts
- 4 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 5 Street Hookers
- 6 Live Sex Cams
- 7 Adult locations
- 8 Escort Services and Agencies
- 9 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 10 Brothels and Sex Clubs
- 11 Strip Clubs and Striptease
- 12 Karaoke and KTVs
- 13 Swinger Clubs and BDSM
- 14 Sex Shops and Adult Stores
- 15 Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
- 16 Nightclubs and Bars
- 17 Gay and Lesbian
- 18 Other Adult Services
- 19 Dating
- 20 How to find Sugar Babies and Sugar Daddies
- 21 Transsexuals and Shemales
- 22 Sexual Services for Women
- 23 Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
- 24 Stay Safe
- 25 See Also
Sex and Prostitution in Saint Petersburg
Prostitution is not illegal in Russia, although it is also not strictly legal. As it is understood, there is no reference to the subject in the Russian constitution. The fine for prostituting is symbolic and amount to from 1500 to 2000 Russian Rubles (about 30-40 euros). This sum is less than many Russian prostitutes earn for the standard for Russia one-hour work. This is perhaps one of the reasons why the sexual practice is widespread and so blatant in Saint Petersburg and every other major Russian city. Basically finding sex in St. Petersburg Russia is very easy.
The three key players involved in Russia’s sex tourism industry are the tourists, women, and “brokers.” Most of the people take participate in sex tourism are tourists from Europe and North America. Although considered middle class back home, these visitors are considered wealthy by Russian standards, and that is why they come to Russia for cheap adult vacations.
Russian women may be stereotyped as blondes with blue eyes and pale skin but this is far from the reality. Most of the girls working in Russian sex tourism come from former Soviet republics. The girls are very diverse in appearance. The majority of blondes are most likely from countries such as Ukraine, Belarus and Estonia. Asian girls come from countries like Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. Middle eastern looking women are probably from Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Kyrgyzstan. Of course, there are plenty of real Russian women who are involved in the sex tourism. Whether it’s a tall blonde beauty or a seductive Persian lady, there are plenty of women for every preference.
Saint Petersburg Female Escorts
Most escorts advertise online and in the back pages of the newspapers. Average cost is 5000-10000 rubles. Also the kiosks near the metro station sell magazines for 50-100 ruble that advertise escort agencies. These magazines have about 50 pages full of advertisements in Russian language. There are many places in St. Petersburg where you can buy safe sex trade.
Red Light Districts
There is no actual Red-light district in St.Petersburg. Closest real red light areas can be found from Germany. But luckily there are many places in the city that seem to be hot favourites for prostitutes, hookers, call girls or escorts. All of these sex hot spots are just spread across the city and not in the one single area.
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
There are many places in St. Petersburg that seem to be hot favorites for prostitution - although not necessarily exclusively so. But there are certain bars and nightclubs where there's little chance of finding a girl not involved in prostitution or some other variant of the sex trade.
Many hotel lobbies and bars also provide a playing field for the girls. Hotel management tends to overlook their sometimes-obvious presence due to a mutual 'agreement'. Particular hotels even have girls semi-based on various levels to "attend" visitors.
Prostitution in St. Petersburg is also advertised under various guises in local newspapers (sauna, massage, Saint Petersburg escorts...) as well as the classic society who tout their sex services on the streets of Saint Petersburg.
Sex prices vary a lot in St. Petersburg anywhere from 1000 to 10000 Rubles depending upon the "service" and length of time.
You can find some street hookers from Nevsky Prospect at the nighttime and they charge 1000-3000 rubles for one hour. It is not recommend picking up prostitutes at night along Russian streets or boulevards, especially if you do not speak their language. Apart from running the risk to get robbed, it might be dangerous for your health too; Russia has an increasing rate of HIV. There are not to many street prostitutes standing on the corner in the cold in Russia anymore most have made their way to the internet or in sex clubs. Street prostitution is a slowly dying business even in Russia. Russian girls can also dress very sexy, so make sure you know the girl is a prostitute before you ask her price, or you might get a smack to your face if she is not.
Live Sex Cams
Can I watch Live Sex Cams in Saint Petersburg? - Yes, you can! Basically you can watch our online live sex shows for free anywhere in the world if you’re connected to internet. Join to get 10 free private teasers and 9.99 credits for free! You can choose any girl from our trusted !
Live Sex Cams are booming at the moment. Webcam models can be found from all over the world and you can find girls, guys, trannies, couples and groups of different ages performing to you. Watching live sex shows is usually free, but if you buy some credits, you will have much better chances to see adult action as desired! It's possible also to hire a webcam model to a private chat room where you can ask the person to fulfill your fantasies.
There are beautiful girls to have fun with in Saint Petersburg.
Escort Services and Agencies
There are several escort agencies in St. Petersburg.
Erotic Massage Parlors
Saint Petersburg sexy massage parlours are the places where you can relax under the expert hands and body of a pretty naked girl and look forward to what they like to call a ‘very happy ending’. Erotic massages can range from a classic sensual rub up, to underwater, soapy, oil, honey and even a show massage which may involve two to four girl. Couples massages and massages for ladies are also available. Price for one hour erotic massage which includes a happy ending is somewhere around 3000-6000 Rubles.
Brothels and Sex Clubs
Saint Petersburg has a big variety of brothels. Just go to the street and get a cab. Taxi drivers will always know where the brothels are. Average cost in brothels is 3000-8000 rubles for one hour. In brothels you can fuck for the time you pay. Do not go for the common scam when girl starts putting her clothes after you cum. Just tell her to stay undressed and go for another fuck!
Most brothels advertise online. Just remember that usually the pictures are photoshopped and girls are not as good looking as in the pictures.
Usually there are 5-10 girls working in each brothel and you always pay in advance.
Strip Clubs and Striptease
Striptease is very big business in Russia and seems almost as much a part of nightlife culture now as vodka and eurodance. Russians have made from pole dancing not only an erotic but also an acrobatic act. If you want to admire attractive girls and enjoy professionally choreographed dances be prepared to pay high admissions for a correspondingly high quality of stripping. Extras like a lap dance, dance in a private room or a special request such as a lesbian-dance, golden shower shows, retro pioneer themed strip or whatever else floats your boat, of course cost extra.
Karaoke and KTVs
KTVs (hostess karaoke bars) are popular in some parts of Asia but you cannot find any of them from Saint Petersburg.
Swinger Clubs and BDSM
ALT.com is the best place for local singles, swingers, and couples in the BDSM community to connect with those interested in submissive sex, power exchange, locating persons for new slave roles, erotic BDSM, bondage & fetish sex, as well as live sex dates. Find thousands of play partners for whatever your fetish may be; bondage, foot, cockold, spankings, role-play, electric or water play, sadism and masochism. So whether you have the desire to explore your unrealized fetish fantasies, or you are extremely experienced and would love to train someone new, ALT.com is a community designed for people with like-minded interests to find and connect with each other.
Swinger clubs in Saint Petersburg are not very popular, but you can still find some swinging action.
Sex Shops and Adult Stores
If you don’t feel like visiting or cannot find any local sex shops in Saint Petersburg, you can easily order adult products from Online Sex Shop.
There are few good adult shops in Saint Petersburg which have a wide variety of sex toys and other sex related items on sale. Pharmacies in Russia sell Viagra, Cialis, Kamagra and other potency pills without a prescription. Condoms and lubricants are also widely available in pharmacies, supermarkets and corner shops.
Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
Love hotels are popular in some parts of Asia, especially in Japan. There are also many love motels and short-time hotels in South America. Unfortunately you cannot find any love hotels in Saint Petersburg.
Nightclubs and Bars
There are lots of nightclubs and bars in Saint Petersburg. You can find high-class clubs where you won't probably even can get in, unless you're rich or famous. Also girls are more picky in these up-class nightclubs. Your chances finding a girl to have sex with is much better in normal clubs and bars where just regular people go and party.
Gay and Lesbian
Gay modeling in internet is getting more popular all the time and it's a big market alongside with gay porn. You can watch gay live sex also in Saint Petersburg as long as you are connected to internet. Check it out: Gay Live Sex Video Chat
In a lot of ways, Russia remains more conservative than most European countries, and unfortunately St. Petersburg in particular has made headlines recently for its new laws banning what the city calls 'gay propaganda' aimed at minors. This all explains why the LGBT scene in St. Petersburg is a much smaller and more-hidden than you would expect for a city of almost five million. Still, there are a handful of gay clubs and a couple of community organisations, which have useful information for international gay and lesbian travellers. Note that admission to gay clubs, bars and social groups is always limited to those aged over 18.
Federal laws passed on 29 June 2013 ban the distribution of "propaganda" promoting "non-traditional sexual relationships" to minors. Critics contend the law makes illegal holding any sort of public demonstration in favour of gay rights, speak in defence of LGBT rights, and distribute material related to LGBT culture, or to state that same-sex relationships are equal to heterosexual relationships. Additionally the laws have received international condemnation from human rights campaigners, and media outlets that even displays of LGBT symbols, such as the rainbow flag, have resulted in arrests, and incited homophobic violence, like is documented in the Channel 4 documentary Hunted which followed anti-gay groups as they lured young gay men into traps where they were humiliated, with the footage later posted online.
The new law sets administrative fines for LGBT propaganda at 4,000 to 5,000 rubles for individuals (about $66 - $82 U.S. dollars) and up to 800,000 to 1 million rubles for NGOs, corporations or other legal entities (about $13,000 - $16,000 U.S. dollars). More severe administrative fines are allowed for propaganda transmitted via the Internet or other media networks or by a foreign citizen. Foreigners are also subject to 15 days of prison and deportation from Russia.
Gay Clubs, Pubs & Bars:
- Blue Oyster, 1, Lomonosova Str., metro st. Nevskiy prospekt / Gostiniy dvor, Saint Petersburg (м. Невский пр-т / Гостиный двор, ул. Ломоносова, д. 1)
- This self-proclaimed 'trash bar' is a blast whether your looking for love, sex, dating or a good pre-, after- or just party. Located close to Central Station it attracts a fun, unpretentious crowd. The music is poptastic, the drinks are cheap and entrance is always free. When it gets too crowded, though, ladies may be asked to be accompanied by no less than two male escorts. For protection? Look for the steel door with the number 69 on it. Entrance strictly only for those age 18+. Open: 18:00 - 06:00. Phone: (+7) 921 332 51 61
- Tsentralnaya Stancia (Central Station), 1, Lomonosova Str., metro Gostiniy Dvor, Saint Petersburg (м. Гостиный двор, ул. Ломоносова, д. 1)
- With deep red walls, flickering candles, mellow jazz music and male nude pictures, the downstairs Japanese-European bar-restaurant of Central Station is reminiscent of a French boudoir. A grand, dark staircase connects to the seven upstairs bars and dance floors, where video monitors and drag queens are seen at every turn. With Euro dance music and live electronic events played and comfy sofas and dark rooms scattered throughout, the club offers a diverse experience. Open 22:00 - 06:00. Entrance strictly only for those age 18+. Phone: (+7) 812 312 36 00
- Caberet (Kabare) Art Center, 43 Razyeszhaya Str., metro Ligovskiy Prospekt, Saint Petersburg (м. Лиговский пр-т, ул. Разьезжая, д. 43).
- The oldest and biggest gay venue in Russia. Has been rocking for 15 years now. Features two floors, three bars, theatre stage and the dance hall, karaoke bar, chill out, a restaurant zone. Cafe during the daytime. Phone: +7 (812) 764-09-01. Hours: Fr, Sa, Su 11pm - 6am Prices: 0-300 rub. boys, 150-500 rub.
- Bar Priscilla - Queen of the Desert, 1, Lomonosova, metro Gostiniy Dvor, Saint Petersburg (м. Гостиный двор, ул. Ломоносова, д. 1)
- Third queer venue at the same address 1, Lomonosova. Features four floors, three bars, a House dance floor, dark room, face control and free admission. Open only on Fridays, Saturdays from 23:00 till morning (11pm - till morning). Tel.: +7 (921) 332-51-61 Web:
- Cruising Club Bunker, 90 build. 7, Naberezhnaya reki Fontanki, metro st. Zvenigorodskaya, Pushkinskaya, Saint Petersburg. (Наб. р. Фонтанки, 90, корп. 7, ст.м. Звенигородская, Пушкинская)
- The first and only cruising bar in whole Russia. You can relax in a video-bar, many private open and closed rooms, cabins, showers. Weekly nude parties on Thursdays. Tel.: +7 (812) 315-09-63. Hours: daily 4pm - 6am. Prices: 250 rub. (up to 21 yo), 350-400 rub. (if older) Web:
- Rainbow Club Malevich, 109 build. 3, Moskovskiy prospect, metro st. Moskovskiye Vorota, Saint Petersburg (м. Московские ворота, Московский проспект, 109, корпус 3)
- A small LGBT club for both ladies and gentlemen. Tango and vocal classes in the evenings, films, concerts, artistic parties, Mafia social game and other adult pastimes. Dancing on weekend nights. Tel.: +7 (812) 920-32-07. Hours: cafe 6pm-11pm, nightclub 11pm - 6am. Web:
Gay Outdoor Cruising Areas:
- *Resort Kurort Beach
- To get here, you must take a commuter train from Finlandsky railway station in the direction of Zelenogorsk or from Metro Udelnaya to the station Kurort. Other options is to, take a shuttle bus from Metro Chernaya Rechka to the station Kurort. Then go to the right until you see a small river, cross it and go to the summer cafe. Gay beach is located next to the nude beach. Beach is active from mid-May till August. Up to 100 visitors on week-ends.
- Kat´Kin Sadik - Metro Gostiny Dvor. The tiny garden located on Nevsky prospekt in front of the Pushkin Theatre. In spring and summer up to 40 men cruise around the monument to Catherine the Great. The place gets empty out by 2 am.
- Moskovsky Railway Station - Metro Ploschad' Vosstaniya, the main hall of the railway station.
- Sosnovska Park - The huge forest-like park, located in the Northern part of the city, at the corner of Morisa Toreza ulitsa and Svetlanovsky prospekt, busy in summer. Metro Politekhnicheskaya. Take bus No. 50 and exit on the 4th stop, enter the part from the Jacques Duclaux ulitsa and follow Olginskaya alley to the yellow booth which is the hot spot cruising place.
- Sauna Circus, 47, Mohovaya Str., metro st. Gostiniy Dvor / Mayakovskaya, Saint Petersburg (м. Гостиный двор / Маяковская, ул. Моховая, д. 47)
- The only one sauna in Saint Petersburg. Not very large but cosy, open daily from 2 pm till morning. Enjoy dry sauna, Turkish bath, several private cabins, chillout lounge with soft light, a bar. Tel.: +7 (812) 273-98-82 Web:
- Narcisse (Nartsiss), 7/9 Krasnykh Tekstilschikov ulitsa (Metro Tchernyshevskaya, Smol'ninskie baths, ground floor, left side, look for a sticker with a daffodil on the door).
- Phone: 110-0969. Opening times: 18.00-8.00 Tue-Sun. Massage: 20.00-6.00 Fri-Sun. Cover fee: 170 Rubles, includes slippers and a sheet. This is a dry sauna, small warm and refreshing pool, shower cubiciles with curtains, cafe-bar, relaxation rooms, solarium, massage. A small private room is available for free, just ask the bartender for the key.
- Yamskiye Baths, 9 Dostoyevskogo ulitsa (Metro Vladmirskaya or Dostoyevskaya).
- Opening time: 9.00-21.00 Wed-Sun.These are public baths visited mostly by straight guys. Go to the shower stalls on the 3rd floor. Not very gay friendly place. Cruising is possible, but discretion is always recommended. Steam bath, sauna, shower, cold and warm pools, TV. Mostly cruisy on Wed, Fri, Sat 18-21h.
- Baltiyskiye Baths, 10 Shkapina ulitsa (Metro Baltiyskaya, near the Baltic Railway Station).
- Opening time: 9.00-21.00 Wed-Sun. These are public baths visited mostly by straight guys. Cruising is possible, but discretion is recommended. Mostly cruisy on Fri and Sat nights.
- Nevskiye Baths, 5/7 Marata ulitsa (Metro Mayakovskaya).
- Opening time: 10.00-22.00 Wed-Sun. These are public baths visited mostly by military cadets and sailor guys. Not a gay place. Cruising is possible, but discretion is recommended. Mostly cruisy on Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Venezia, erotic massage for lovely ladies in the performance of a hot man or a charming girl. Calling ahead is encouraged.
Useful web sites:
- (national gay, lesbian, bisexual and transsexual site)
- (St. Petersburg Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Centre and travel agency)
- (good guide to St. Petersburg's gay and lesbian scene, but only in Russian)
Other Adult Services
BDSM stands for Bondage, Domination, Sadism and Masochism. BDSM covers a wide range of sexual preferences and activities: from light restraints to full-on humiliation and physical punishment. BDSM is a very popular service in Saint Petersburg and other Russian cities among female escorts. It is always recommended to talk about expectations in advance of this type of interaction and to establish a 'safe word' which will stop the activity.
It is common to use various toys, such as whips, chains, gags, but-plugs, hand-cuffs blindfolds, and dildos. Prices of these services vary a lot and you should always negotiate the price in advance.
Dating in Saint Petersburg can be a bit tricky due to cultural differences, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before your trip so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Saint Petersburg and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting. Since your time in Saint Petersburg may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand, so that when you meet you can start having some real fun.
How to find Sugar Babies and Sugar Daddies
If you are looking for an alternative to escorts in Saint Petersburg with a girl who doesn’t charge by the hour, sugar dating is the ideal solution. There are thousands of beautiful young women at SecretBenefits.com willing to do anything for a man who will help them pay their bills.
Often referred to as the “Tinder for Older Guys”, SecretBenefits matches hot young women interested in pampering older gentlemen. You don’t have to be a millionaire at SecretBenefits.com, you just need to be a respectful gentleman who knows how to treat a woman.
Transsexuals and Shemales
Finding someone for transsexual dating when you’re on the road can be a bit tricky, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you go so you can find locals ahead of time. TSdates.com is a dating site designed to help you find exactly what you are looking for in your hookup in Saint Petersburg. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting. With over 40 million members, and thousands of transsexual members around the world, TSdates.com is the world’s largest site of sex-minded friends for discreet encounters and will help you find your next transsexual play partner.
Where can I find shemales in Saint Petersburg? You can watch transsexual live sex shows in Saint Petersburg as long as you are connected to internet. Check Now: Tranny Live Sex Video Chat
Tranny scene is not big in Russia. Sometimes you can find some shemales in the gay friendly clubs. Kiosks sell magazines where you can find escort advertisements and usually there are approximately 10-20 shemale escort ads in every magazine. Most of these shemale escorts also advertise online.
Sexual Services for Women
- Venezia, erotic massage for lovely ladies in the performance of a hot man or a charming girl. Calling ahead is encouraged.
There are also many great night clubs in Saint Petersburg and Russian men love foreign girls. It should be very easy to find company from the Russian clubs at night or from the cafe´s at the daytime. There are also many male escorts who advertise online or in the sex magazines sold at the kiosks. For about USD$100 you should be able to find quite charming and experienced male escorts.
Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
In Saint Petersburg you can just stay in your hotel and call hookers to your room. All you need to do is go to the reception and ask them to get you prostitutes. This is more common in Russia than going to the front desk and asking them to order a pizza.
See also: Global list of girl friendly hotels
Saint Petersburg has a somewhat undeserved reputation for being a dangerous city. Things have calmed down since the Wild West (or Wild East) days immediately after the collapse of the Soviet Union, but some common sense is still required.
As with most other major cities, avoid traveling alone at night, and do not get into altercations with drunks. If traveling at night, it is recommended to stay on the main sidewalks and avoid any dark alleys or yards. Gypsy cabs are not recommended under any circumstances, especially those that linger near bars where expatriates and tourists congregate.
Downtown and western parts of the city are safest. Suburbs like Kupchino, Veteranov and Ligovo are struggling with criminality and poverty. Sennaya should be avoided at night time.
As a general rule, the farther you are from the city center, the more dangerous it is.
Gangs are a problem, although mafia gang wars are unlikely to affect tourists. Some gangs, however, such as neo-Nazis or angry hooligans, are out looking for problems and commit crimes that can affect tourists. After the war with Chechnya and terrorist attacks in some Russian cities, local hatred is growing toward people with darker complexions, and neo-Nazism is a concern. St. Petersburg, and Russia in general, can be regarded as a seriously dangerous destination for tourists of darker complexions so travelling in groups is highly advised.
Saint Petersburg's football club, Zenit Saint Petersburg, is one of the biggest clubs in the country, and has its own gang of hooligans. If you decide to visit the football stadium to watch the club play, you should buy tickets to center sectors. If you do not do this and a fight starts, you are likely to get dragged into it by either the hooligans or the police, since both will think you are part of the brawl.
Take care of money, documents, cameras, mobile phones, and anything of value because of pickpocketing. Especially watch out on the Metro during busy times, as people start pushing at the train doors, and pickpockets are frequent, particularly (but not only) at Gostinyy Dvor Metro Station. When riding the Metro, keep in mind that robbery can be a real threat; you should constantly watch what is going on around you and who is standing very close to you.
Thefts of photo equipment are really a big problem in Saint Petersburg. Photo bags probably won't save your camera -- it can be opened in less than 5 seconds. Cameras should be kept in bags slung across the body at all times, with your hands keeping a firm grip on them, and no watches or jewelry should be visible at all. Quite obviously, do not show in public that you have a lot of money. Robberies are not uncommon, and many foreigners have been threatened at gun and knife point. However, foreigners are not targeted specifically, and robbers will attack both foreigners and natives that carelessly reveal their wealth.
Take special care on Nevsky Prospekt, particularly the area with the city tour buses, a favorite spot of pickpockets and particularly of those after photo equipment. On the bright side, "Nevsky Prospekt" sees little mugging.
Russian driving is wild. Drivers attack their art with an equal mix of aggressiveness and incompetence. Guidelines are lax and rarely followed. As a pedestrian, take great care when crossing the roads, as pedestrian crossings are in 99% of cases ignored (even by police). If you are thinking of driving yourself, bear in mind that the Russian traffic police are extremely corrupt, even by Russian standards. Pedestrian crossings with a traffic light are quite safe to use, most car drivers will stop. Just like in any other big city always look left and right before crossing the road and make eye contact with the driver if possible.
Saint Petersburg has a relatively big problem with street children who make their living out of stealing. They can be a hassle and can beg you aggressively. Act like any other Russian would: say no, then just ignore them and go away.
Homosexuals must practice extreme caution while staying in Saint Petersburg, as attacks often occur. Many Russian people look upon public demonstrations of homosexuality with undisguised contempt.
Racism is another serious problem in Saint Petersburg. Some Russians may have rude and unfriedmly attituee to those wih darker complexion. Some may even have physical touch against you (e.g. Push you aside).
Bar fights do occur. In the center of the city and around Nevsky Prospekt, they are unlikely to happen. However, in the suburbs and local cheaper pubs, fights occur almost daily. If you are staying with locals living in these areas, it might be a good idea to avoid these bars. Police are unlikely to show up as they consider fights as small, unimportant, regular and a waste of time, and they will probably laugh at you for calling.
Another subtle danger that can affect your trip is the inevitable effect of winter weather. Poor harvesting of snow and ice is a big problem in city. Caution is advised in snowy winters because of falling ice from roofs, and pedestrians should pay special attention to ice on the streets.
Overall, be warned that if you are used to living in the US and/or Western Europe, Saint Petersburg, as well as the rest of Eastern Europe, will seem different, and, at times, a bit intimidating. On the other hand, Russian people are usually friendly, welcoming and interested towards foreigners, and nothing should happen to you unless you put yourself in harm's way. If you don't care about them they don't care about you, and nothing should get in your way of having a great holiday.
- Russia, Moscow, Kaliningrad
- Belarus, Minsk
- Finland, Helsinki
- Estonia, Tallinn
- Latvia, Riga
- Sweden, Stockholm
- Denmark, Copenhagen
- Russian Sex Phrasebook
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay, Lesbian, Gay and lesbian travel, Bisexuality, Ladyboy
- Age of consent, Stay safe, Scams, Safe sex, STD, HIV/AIDS