The Countries With the Most Prostitutes
Every year, over 3 million people travel on sex tourism trips and this figure is on the rise.
The Countries With The Most Prostitutes Per Capita
Here are the ten countries with the most sex workers per 10,000 people. You can click country name advises where to find sex, prostitution, hookers, brothels, erotic massage parlors and escorts from that destination!
- 10. Thailand - 45 sex workers per 10,000
- Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, however in practice it is tolerated and partly regulated.
- 9. Germany - 49 sex workers per 10,000
- Unlike other European Union countries, prostitution, even street prostitution, is wide spread, organized, and legal in most parts of Germany. It’s little wonder when you consider that organized prostitution in Germany dates back to the 1200’s AD.
- 8. Malaysia - 52 sex workers per 10,000
- Prostitution is huge business in Malaysia, however the dark side is strong. The United States has put Malaysia on the blacklist of countries with the worst cases of human trafficking and human rights abuse, including under aged prostitution.
- 7. Brazil - 53 sex workers per 10,000
- The act of prostitution itself (exchanging sex for money) in Brazil is legal, but it is illegal to run a brothel house or to employ prostitutes in any other way.
- 6. China - 60 sex workers per 10,000
- Prostitution is illegal in China but has been relegated to the status of a misdemeanor. Some researchers have conservatively estimated that there are as many as 10 million active prostitutes in China at any given time who contribute as much as 5% to the country’s annual GDP as most of the earned income, although not taxed, goes back into the economy through consumption.
- 5. Nigeria - 63 sex workers per 10,000
- A sex tourism market for divorced older western women is on the high rise in the country.
- 4. Philippines - 85 sex workers per 10,000
- The Philippines offers female company in the form of "bar girls". Girls here often wear their "bar girl" ID tags in noticeable places, and are supposed to be regularly tested for sexually transmitted diseases.
- 3. Peru - 102 sex workers per 10,000
- Prostitution is legal for anyone over 18 years of age if they register with municipal authorities and carry a health certificate, and brothels must be licensed. Sadly, under aged in Peru has doubled in recent years.
- 2. South Korea - 110 sex workers per 10,000
- Despite legal sanctions and police crackdowns, prostitution continues to flourish in South Korea, while sex workers continue to actively resist the state's activities.
- 1. Venezuela - 119 sex workers per 10,000
- Poor economic conditions in Venezuela have tripled the number of sex workers here; even so, only one fifth of the workers actually are born in Venezuela.
Watch anywhere in the world!
The Countries With The Most Prostitutes Total
- 10. South Korea - 147.000 sex workers.
- 9. Bangladesh - 180.000 sex workers.
- 8. Thailand - 200.000 sex workers.
- 7. Brazil - 250.000 sex workers.
- 6. Germany - 400.000 sex workers.
- 5. Mexico - 500.000 sex workers.
- 4. Philippines - 800.000 sex workers.
- 3. United States - 1.000.000 sex workers.
- 2. India - 3.000.000 sex workers.
- 1. China - 5.000.000 sex workers.
- Europe, Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Oceania
- Spring Break, Spring Break Sex Guide
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Window prostitution
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay, Lesbian, Gay and lesbian travel, Bisexuality, Ladyboy
- Age of consent, Stay safe, Scams, Safe sex, STD, HIV/AIDS